Slow Cooker Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
Created by Carrie of Gingerlemongirl.com
Free of gluten, dairy/casein, and soy
1 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups plain cooked pumpkin (I used most of a 15 oz. can of Libby's 100% pure pumpkin)
1/4 cup oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Spritz three (15 - 15.5 oz) washed & dried aluminum cans with non-stick cooking spray, or use a paper towel to grease with oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir to thoroughly combine into a thick batter.
- Add about 1/3 of pumpkin bread batter into each can.
- Place cans in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add about 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup warm water around the bottom of the cans.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and add a chopstick right underneath the lid to allow excess water to escape.
- Cook the bread on high for 3 1/2 - 4 hours until the bread is cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the middle of each can comes out clean. Allow the cans to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing them using a potholder. Gently shake bread out of the cans onto a plate. Cut each loaf into 4-5 slices and enjoy! Store pumpkin bread slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. This bread also freezes well for up to 6 months.
Oven Directions for Pumpkin Bread Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 serving muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together ALL dry ingredients until well incorporated. In a medium sized bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixture is thoroughly moistened. Muffin batter will be thick. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into into muffin tin for 12 large muffins.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes prior to eating (if you can wait that long!)
- Store in an airtight container on the counter. (Slow cooked bread is stored in the refrigerator because it is much more moist than the oven-baked bread!)