Baked Potato Soup
- 4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash.
- Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup green onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Divide between 8 bowls and top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.
Yield: 8 servings
Note: If you find the soup to be too thick for your personal preference, just add extra milk until you get to your desired consistency. If the soup is too runny, add more mashed potato.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com