Math Curriculum Resources Page
This page is in progress and new links will be added as we work together throughout the year.
Link to My GCCTM Website - wiki and March 10 Conference Registration
Notes from OCTM/OMELC Conference 2011
Phil Daro Presentation on Math Common Core -audio recording
Current Math Standards
Ohio Resource Center Current Ohio Standards by GRADE much more user friendly than the ODE site. Included at the end of each of the indicators is a link to lesson plans that support that indicator.
Ohio Core Curriculum Math Standards In Place For 2014-2015
- K-8 Comparative Analysis From ODE ( The Three Column - New material, material that needs to be taught at a deeper level, Material that is leaving the grade level)
- Learning Progressions (PDF) good resource for understanding what the math clusters and standards look like over the k-8 grade span.
- PARCC Consortium Mathematics Framework good resource for identifying key concepts at each grade level. FOR GRADES 3-8 Look for the “FOCUS” standards. Look for Major standards - tied to critical areas for the grade, Look for Supporting - can easily be tied to major standards.
- CLUSTER/STANDARD EXPLANATIONS - Interactive Version of the Content Progressions/CCSS for Math http://illustrativemathematics.org/standards - this is a good place to find explanations of what is meant by the standards
- Common Core Tools from Wordpress - creators of Illustrative Math (see above) find resources here to help with small group and grade level discussions.
- Resources for Understanding the 8 Mathematical Practices
ODE Model Curriculum PDF By Grade Level
FLIP BOOKS - From Kansas Dept of Education
- FLIP Books - from Kansas Dept of Education
Sources for Performance Tasks
Textbook and Resource Reviews - Based on Mathematical Practice and Alignment to CC
General Math Teacher/Lesson Resources
- Ohio Resource Center Math Educator Homepage Find articles, best practice lesson resources and support materials for OAA and OGT.
- Illuminations - Homepage for the NCTM Find lessons, interactive Tools and Online activities.
- NCTM CORE MATH TOOLS - downloadable tools that are free -
- SAS Curriculum Pathways Interactive Math Tools, Math Inquiry Lessons, Real World Math Problems - must get user login from Char. All students can use the same password - but it is registered to our district and can’t be posted on a this public site. Site can be used at home and at school.
- Math Fact Cafe Make cloze math worksheets, math flashcards, money and time-telling practice as well as practice sheets.
- Math in Children’s Literature Gr 3-5 List of sites that have literature based lessons
- Mental Math Gr 5-8 Lists of Mental Math activity sites
- Math Patterns Gr 2-5 List of sites with lessons about finding patterns
- Fractions Gr 4-9 List of sites that include fraction activities
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- Mixing In Math This site includes pdf of basic math card games for k-1 as well has more than 50 activities to do in the classroom that allow students to do math in real world settings.
- MathWire.com Standards based classroom activities.The activities on this site were developed by Terry Kawas and the teachers in districts where she has worked as a math consultant and coach or with students she has taught in college math-methods courses. (activities are available for use by teachers - but may not be copied onto other websites)
- MakeMathMore.com Requires a free registration. Some lessons are limited to premium users. Lessons use relevant, real world examples to teach math concepts.
- Write math narratives - and more lessons arranged by grade band
- Great Math Problems, Interactives and thinking games http://nrich.maths.org/frontpage
Math Classroom Resources
Math Technology Resources
Interactive Boards Lessons
Doing Math Online
Resource Links for Working With Transition With Common Core
Kindergarten Transition Resources and Planning
ODE Model Curriculum Grade K
March 12, 2012 Meeting Agenda
Ohio Resource Center - Kindergarten Math Lessons By Domain
PTA Kindergarten Common Core Page
K-5 Math Resources for Kindergarten
How the Brain Learns Math by David Sousa - Char’s Summary
Kathy Richardson - Math Book Resource
Counting and Cardinality
Numbers and Operations Base 10
- 0-99 Chart - color on the interactive board with clickable crayon