Interactive Editor, 5 live
1. To create and deliver and run diverse and compelling sites and services for 5live , online and on other platforms, for example, digital TV and mobile devices.
2. To ensure that the overall editorial direction of 5live/5live Sports Extra is in line with the Audio & Music Interactive strategy and road map.
3. To work collaboratively across the BBC to help deliver a joined up, collaborative, integrated, cross platform music discovery offering.
4. To have overall line management accountability for the team and ensure that the team is effectively managed, appraised and developed.
5. To set key performance indicators for Radio 5 Interactive that are in line with Audio & Music Interactive’s objectives and audience needs, and report on these to the on a regular basis.
6. To provide strategic expertise on the relevant developments in the industry and with key competitors and be outward facing in terms of the market and technological developments.
7. To understand how relevant audiences engage with technology and to use these insights to drive content and service production.
8. To lead the scoping of new projects and write proposals to obtain approval for these.
9. To develop multi-media radio production skills and knowledge amongst the station’s radio production teams.
10. To oversee the use and contracting of external contributors/suppliers of content to the content/community area.
11. To ensure the tone, look, feel and quality of the output reflects 5live/5live Sports Extra and is in line with BBC technical and editorial guidelines and standards.
12. To liaise with appropriate internal departments in the development of marketing and communication plans for existing and new output.
13. To develop/maintain close relationships with the other interactive teams within the department, and to fully engage with pan-departmental initiatives and projects.
14. To maintain close relationships with other areas within the central Future Media team in order to keep abreast of the BBC brand, technological and design developments to ensure consistency in 5live Interactive’s strategies.
15. To have accountability for the budget and be able to assess the implications of all decisions on the financial budget to achieve cost-effective production.
16. To be aware of personal financial authority limits and to ensure that this authority is exercised in accordance with BBC financial arrangements.
17. To work to the BBC’s policy on Health and Safety