From the kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 1 cup of flour
* 3 ½ tsp. of almond extract(vanilla, orange, or lemon would be good too)
* a pinch of salt
* ½ cup of sugar
* 2 eggs
* 100 grams of butter (about 7 TBSPs)\
* 1 ¾ tsps of baking powder
* 2 TBSP’s of whole or 2% milk
* Beat eggs in a separate bowl and set aside to cool
* Meanwhile, In a large bowl sift; sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt
* In another bowl, beat eggs and add the butter and extract.
* Pour the egg and butter mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until well blended.
* Add the milk and whisk again
~*~Note~*~ the batter should not be too thin or too thick
* Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for an hour
* After the hour, butter and flour and Madeleine pan well.
* Fill each mold about ¾ inch full.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes until lightly golden brown.
* when cool you may sprinkle them with powdered sugar!