Crunchy Oven Roasted Chickpeas with Moroccan Spices
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander under running water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and spices. Add chickpeas and toss until coated with spice mixture. Spread chickpeas out on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until the chickpeas are slightly brown and crunchy, 35-40 minutes. Cool slightly before serving. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Yields: (16 servings/72 calories per 1/4 cup serving)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 cup serving):
calories 72, Total Fat: 2g, Chol: 0mg, Total Fat 2g, Sat Fat 0g, Total Carb 12g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 175mg, Protein 3g
Note: If you want the chickpeas to be a little chewy remove around 30 minutes.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com