- 1 tablespoon grated zest from 1 to 2 oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons vodka or triple sec
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- In a food processor, process the zest, sugar, and salt until damp. While the machine is running, add orange juice and lemon juice. Process mixture until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, stir in vodka, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in freezer until very cold (40 degrees) about 30 to 60 minutes.
- When the mixture is cold, whip the heavy cream in a medium bowl with a whisk until soft peaks have formed. Whisking constantly, add juice mixture in a steady stream against the inside edge of the bowl. Start ice cream maker and add the juice-cream mixture. Mix until sherbet has the consistency of soft serve ice cream, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from ice cream machine canister and transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com