Students 159 PERFORMING GROUPS’ PARTICIPATION IN PARADES AND OUTDOOR EVENTS
- High School Bands shall participate in the Fire Prevention, the Veterans' Day, and the Memorial Day parades.
- Schedules shall be developed to have high school bands alternate participation in the Christmas and St. Patrick's Day (when invited) Parades. This will insure the participation of at least one Manchester School District band in these parades. Other high school bands within the school district may participate as well.
- Middle School Bands shall only participate in the Memorial Day Parade.
- Participation by Manchester School District performing groups in all other outdoor performances and parades chosen by individual performing group directors shall be subject to the restrictions stated in this policy.
- Participation in all outdoor performances and parades shall be subject to the following conditions:
- Performing groups shall not perform outdoors under the following weather conditions:
- if the temperature is below freezing;
- if it is raining or snowing;
- if a hazardous situation exists.
- Performing groups shall be properly transported to and from each event.
- The expense of transporting the performing groups to any and all parades and events shall be the responsibility of the parade or event sponsor.
- Requests for participation in all parades and events not mentioned in this policy shall be made in writing no less than eight (8) weeks prior to the date of the scheduled event.
- In the event of cancellation, Manchester School District administration policies shall be followed.
Revised from 4/96, 8/10
First Reading Coordination: 10/10/12
Second Reading and Adoption by BOSC: 11/13/12