If you are using Firefox 3.6 or higher, you will need to modify your config files for FREDapps to work.
- Open Firefox
- In the web address bar enter "about:config" (without the quotes) press enter to get to the Firefox config page.
- A warning will appear that says "This might void your warranty!" Click the I'll be careful, I promise! button.
- Locate the line called network.auth.force-generic-ntlm. While most of this list is alphebetical, the network.auth.force-generic-ntlm appears after the network.IDN listings.
- Double click on the network.auth.force-generic-ntlm line to change the value from False to True.
- Navigate away from this page by closing Firefox and reopening or by going to a new webpage.