by Justin Gordon
Please e-mail comments and corrections to email@example.com
Simple URL to this document: bit.ly/h6v0Zf.
North Shore Surf
Hawaiian Surf Forecast for O`ahu
Ho'okipa Surf Report Model | Ho'okipa Surf Swell | SURFLINE.COM
Laniakea Surf Camera, Surf Report and Forecast - Hawaii, North Shore - Surfline
North Shore, Hawaii Surf Forecast, Swell, Weather, Winds, Tides | Surfline
SURFLINE.COM | Global Surf Reports, Surf Forecasts, Live Surf Cams and Coastal Weather
NDBC - 5-day plot - Dominant Period at 51101
NDBC - 5-day plot - Mean Wave Direction at 51101
NDBC - 5-day plot - Significant Wave Height at 51101
NDBC - Station 51101
Maui Hawaii Webcams watching the windsurfing at Kanaha, Camp One and Sprecks
Kite Beach Cam (Directory of Cams)
Maui Hawaii Webcam - Views of Sprecks
South Shore Surf
Lahaina Surf and Swell Size and Direction | SURFLINE.COM
Oahu South Shore Surf Forecast | SURFLINE.COM
Premium South Shore HD Surf Cam and Report | SURFLINE.COM
7-Day Forecast for Latitude 20.91°N and Longitude 156.36°W (Elev. 312 ft)
Area Forecast Discussion for Hawaii
Maui Weather Today » Glenn’s Daily Weather Narrative
Paia, Hawaii (96779) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground
iWindsurf.com - HI-maui Wind Data
iWindsurf.com - Ho'okipa Current Wind
iWindsurf.com - Kanaha Current Wind
WindGURU: United States - HI - Maui (north shore)
- Swell directions of WNW are MUCH less strong at places like Kanaha and even Hookipa than posted. Swell directions of NW and NNW are about accurate for Maui. Swell directions of N, NNE, and NE tend to be stronger than posted.
- Wind speeds of E of at least 11 on Oahu mean likely good windsurfing and kiting in Maui.
- Sometimes, it's more fun than the cam makes it look.
- Uncrowded surf is often more fun that better, more perfect surf.
- Rain in the forecast often means just a refreshing tropical shower. Heavy rain with south winds usually means a Kona storm which can be rainy all day.
- Weather forecasts are sometimes totally wrong. I've seen many days with a forecast of no wind blow a steady 20 tradewind.
- Clear skies in Spreckelsville at 10am with clouds over the West Maui Mountains means good wind conditions.
- If you're willing to drive, there's almost always somewhere on Maui with good wave and wind conditions for you every single day of the year.
- Like anywhere in the world, there will be a few days of the year where it's better to do a non-water sport such as cycling or hiking.
- The wind tends to shut down earlier in the winter time. Don't wait until 3pm to try to sail or kite. Get out there at noon if it's windy!
- The forecast is often wrong in the winter.
- If the wind is totally calm, and there’s a front with north winds coming later in the day, change your plans and get in the water ASAP. When the front hits, it will be victory at sea within minutes.
Justin at Lanes, Nov 21, 2010