RDGC BOD Meeting, Monday 12/5 6:30pm @ ERP Recreation Center.
Meeting convened at 6:35 pm and adjourned at 8:17pm.
Attendees: Tim Acker, Scott Walker, Joel St. Vrain, Kurt Waggoner, Jason Bradshaw, Imran Khan, Brett Porter and Andrew Lofstrand.
NEXT BOD MEETING set for Monday, 1/16 6:30pm @ ERP Recreation Center with main agenda item of 2012 BOD Elections.
[Action Owner in brackets] – [Every BOD member an nominee] is actioned with reviewing the RDGC by-laws before next meeting.
Treasury Report – Brett Porter
- Previous issue of incorrect banks fees was resolved and account was credited. CLOSED.
- $149 from Monday Night Singles Club Fund was deposited.
- Account Balance is: $1125
Club Liaison Report
- City Councilman Kent Igleheart and the Roswell Recreation Commission would like to invite you and the board of the Roswell Disc Golf Association to the Monday, December 12th City Council Meeting to be recognized for the valuable contributions you make to our programs and our City. The meeting begins at 7:00 pm.
2012 BOD Nominations and Elections
- Nominations for BOD positions were made, with some clarifications pending as take-aways. [Jason] will draft the member Nominations and Elections communication for BOD review and release by 12/16. BOD elections will be held at the January 12th BOD meeting.
- BOD is seeking other nominees for BOD and sub-committee chairs.
- Scott shared the membership listing and the BOD agreed that top objective for 2012 is Membership growth and the following actions to prepare for 2012 membership drive.
- [Scott] will gather player names from on-line club event registrations and provide to Tim.
- [Tim] will gather players lists and consolidate into a membership roster for the purpose of establishing distribution lists for direct communications to members.
- The BOD did not establish target dates for the consolidated distribution list, but it is needed by 12/16 to use for direct release to members.
- BOD agreed that the roswelldiscgolf.org website is the repository for club communications. Once the website is updated, it will be linked with communication updates to Discgolfscene [Scott], Facebook [Andrew], and ADGO Discussion Board [Jason].
- [Scott] to create communication release on new Loaner Disc Program at ERP Recreation Center front desk.
- [Andrew] to extend a Thank You communications to the church group which held a volunteer work day event to clean up the course.
Website Updates [Scott]
- Remove old news
- Post Summer and Current Minutes
- Post Nominations and Elections information
- Set-up Andrew and Tim with administrative access
- Bullet Club Achievements (Not actioned in meeting but discussed)
- Bullet Current and upcoming activities (Not actioned in meeting ... afterthought)
Course Maintenance and Projects (Risk, Opportunity or Project)
- Risks [Jason] to address e-mail to Mark Holder (City of Roswell) for awareness.
- Large Pine on Right side of #5 at gap to green has snapped at trunk and is leaning on adjacent tree towards fairway gap.
- Rotted Pine on Left side of #5 at gap.
- Kiosk. Project needs to be level-set and assigned to project owner. Current project scope includes any repairs to kiosk itself (e.g., the cork board solution) and adding a scorecard box. The BOD agrees to add the scope of Lost Disc Return.
- [Jason] to draft Joel an e-mail requesting course signs at entry points on #3, #11 and area at base of #9/#18.
- Work day to be scheduled in late winter.
- [Kurt] to present proposal to add/replace netting on course to improve visual and effectiveness.
- [Jason] to obtain inventory of basket sleeves from Mark Holder. Kurt has proposed a layout for second pin placement and will be marking the course with flags (group of 3) over the next week so that we provide feedback.
- Leita Thompson Memorial Park - There are no known City of Roswell constraints preventing the RDGC from developing a course at LTMP. Opportunity for consideration.
Programs currently scoped for 2012 assessment and selection:
- Membership Drive programs (Integrated or separate from following programs)
- League Play – Daylight Savings Time
- Frost in the Woods Charity Event – Late Winter
- Damn Tree Doubles – TBD
- Kids Clinic – Summer
- Lost in the Woods – Fall