Roasted Green Beans with Olives, Sundried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
- 1 lb green beans, stem ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- table salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil and ½ teaspoon salt; toss to coat evenly. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and distribute in even layer. Roast 10 minutes.
- Remove Baking sheet from oven. Using tongs, redistribute beans, continue roasting until beans are dark golden brown in spots and have started to shrivel, 10 to 12 minutes longer.
- While green beans are roasting combine 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and fresh oregano in a medium bowl. Add beans; toss well to combine, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl, top with ½ c crumbled goat cheese and serve.
Yields: 4 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com