- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, plus more if desired
- 2/3 cup water
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Combine taco seasoning and water in a resealable plastic bag. Shake to combine; add chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread a layer of salsa on the bottom of the prepared baking dish and add chicken. If desired, sprinkle more taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts. Shake on hot sauce if desired. Pour remaining salsa over all.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear, or a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com