OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

15th August 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

draft

Present: Harry Wood, Richard Weait, Hurricane, Oliver Kühn

Apologies: Absent:

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 8th August 2011:

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1_eDW55XZtjzVvuffXdmN_D1jXjnbMx93B4Hwpi4cn4M/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CJKFp4oJ

Propose: Harry

Seconded: Richard

None opposed

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

Charlotte has advised CWG that she will be taking a leave of absence effective immediately.

[ ]

4.1

Management team meeting

Management meeting idea has now been communicated on talk and osmf mailing lists.

ACTION ITEM Harry will blog on the osmf blog redirecting discussion to the mailing list.

[ ]

4.2

Communication of AGM

[ ]

AGM will take place on the Sunday at SOTM. Therefore need to announce the AGM some time before 20th Aug.  Elections to organise in the interim with two or three seats on the board.

ACTION ITEM Oliver to make sure the AGM gets discussed on Wednesdays board meeting and report back to us

ACTION ITEM  Richard to draft announcement email.

We should make sure it gets sent on or before Thursday.

4.3

Recruiting new people to the working groups

Can help other working groups recruit too

Recruit by looking out for suitable candidates. Good communicators on the wiki and mailing list. ACTION ITEM Richard will post to talk & foundation blog asking for new volunteers.  Ask volunteer give explain their suitability.

4.4

SOTM

ACTION ITEM Hurricane will make sure the AGM is on the SOTM schedule

ACTION ITEM Richard will cross post SOTM news about buddy tickets to OSMF blog

5

Next meeting.

Monday 22nd August 2011,  2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]