Tofu Saag with Brown Rice
Makes 6 Servings
* 2 Tb grapeseed or canola oil
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 1/4 cup vegetable broth
* 1 pound spinach, stems removed
* 1/3 cup light coconut milk
* 2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 ( 8 oz ) package firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 cups freshly cooked brown rice
1. Place the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 6 minutes.
2. Add the broth and spinach, cooking until the spinach begins to wilt.
3. Add the coconut milk, cumin and cinnamon, and simmer 7 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into a blender or the work bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Gently add the tofu and cook 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over hot brown rice.