A Blackboard item is a general piece of content, such as a file, image, text, or link. The Text Editor enables you to format the item’s content, as well as incorporate images, multimedia, and links into files.
To create an item within your course:
- Access the content area where you want the item to appear.
- Hover your mouse over the Build Content button.
- Select Item on the drop-menu.
Image: Screenshot of the Build Content drop-menu, highlighting the Item option.
- On the Create Item page, type a Name for the item.
- Type instructions, a description, or a question in the Text box. You can use the Text Editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and Mashups. Any files uploaded from your computer are saved in your Blackboard course shell.
Alternatively, you can also attach a file using one of the following options under Attachments. These files appear in the item before any Text Editor content.
To upload a file from your computer, click Browse My Computer.
- Navigate to your file on your local computer and select a file. You can attach several files to your item by using the Browse My Computer button and repeating the search and selection processes.
To upload a file or multiple files from your Content Collection, click Browse Content Collection.
- Locate file within Content Collection pop-up window.
- Click the Check Box next to any file name(s).
- Click Submit.
- Enter file options including Views, and Date/Time Restrictions.
- Click Submit.
The image below illustrates the appearance of a Blackboard item: