- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ of an onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, and onion and sauté until onions are clear. Mix in the tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Simmer sauce for 20 minutes and spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com