Pasta E Fagioli
For the Sauce
* 2 Tb olive oil
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 pounds plum tomatoes, diced medium
* 1/4 cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
* 1/2 tsp dried thyme
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano
* a few dashes of black pepper
* 1 tsp salt
For the pasta
* 16 oz can white beans, washed and drained
* 1/2 pound small tube pasta, like penette or tubetti, or even small shells
1. Bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta and preheat another large pan over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic to the large pan and saute for about 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant. Add the tomatoes, wine, thyme, oregano, black pepper and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat until the tomatoes are broken down and sauce is reduced and thickened, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add pasta to the water and cook according to package directions. Once the sauce is thickened, simmer on low heat to keep warm. Drain pasta and set aside.
3. When sauce is finished, add the beans and pasta and use a pasta spoon to mix. Serve when pasta and beans are heated through, about 3 minutes.