- 2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup vanilla caster sugar (or super fine sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar; set aside.
- In a two cup measuring cup, add milk, egg, and coffee granules. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Pour coffee mixture onto the flour/sugar and add the melted butter.
- Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not over mix. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with coffee beans.
- Bake until muffins are springy to the touch, 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in the muffin pan then place on cooling rack.
- 6-8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla caster sugar (or super fine sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attached, combine mascarpone cheese, sugar and espresso powder. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and fold into topping. Spread onto muffins.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com