Peanut Chicken Salad Wraps
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 6 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, salt, ground red pepper, garlic. Add peanut butter and water and whisk until smooth. Add cilantro, cucumber and bell pepper; set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with red pepper flakes and saute until browned. Add chicken to the peanut butter mixture and stir well.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; top each serving with 1/2 cup lettuce, and roll up.
Yields: 8 servings (280 Calories)
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com