Gourmet- & Wine Tour Wachau:
We – Su
Please note that our tours are available upon demand for PRIVATE
GROUPS and are not scheduled tours for mixed groups. (max.15 Pax.)
Photo: Wine Marketing Austria
GOURMET- & Wine Tour / Wachau
5 Days / 4 Nights
From March to June & September to end of October
Flight to Vienna
Luxury bus ride to the wine region of Wachau during which time there
will be a brief introduction into Austria's wine industry and the economy. Check-In for 4 nights at Malat Hotel, Palt-Krems, which is surrounded by vineyards. Visit to the “Stift Melk” Abbey, which will include a guided tour. During the evening, a typical Austrian meal will be provided at the tavern “Pulker's Heuriger”.
Following your first Austrian breakfast we will head up the Danube.
After a wine tasting at Holzapfel Estate, a small 3 course lunch will be
put on at the Estate’s restaurant 'Prandtauerhof”. The afternoon wine tour will include the highly accoladed wineries of Franz Hirtzberger in Spitz and F.X.Pichler in Loiben. A 5 course dinner will be prepared for us at the Restaurant “Florianihof” in Wosendorf.
Following breakfast we will again “hit” the road by bus and head on to
the remaining 3 best wineries in the Wachau; firstly Franz Prager in
Weissenkirchen and Jamek Estate in Joching. A 3 course meal will be put on for us at Jamek Estate, after which we will head onto Leo Alzinger Estate in Unterloiben and Pichler Estate in Wosendorf. During the evening a 5 course dinner will be provided at “Schwarz” Restaurant.
After breakfast, we plan a leisurely morning, taking in the famous weekly market at Krems.In the afternoon we will be taking a short bus trip to visit the wine museum “Loisium” in neighbouring Langenlois, which will include anaudio guided tour and a small wine tasting. There will be a lovely 3 course lunch provided by “Ulli Jell” en route. In the evening, a meal will be created – degustation menu - at one of the finest restaurants in the country, “Landhaus Bacher”.
After a late breakfast, and checking out, a luxury bus trip will see us
back to Vienna. Depending on time available, there might be an option to visit the famous all year funfair “Prater” with its giant ferris wheel, and possibly having lunch in one of its cabines. Alternatively there will be provision for a transfer straight to the airport.
• All transfers in a modern and luxury bus with air conditioning.
• 4 nights in top class hotel with breakfast included, based on two
• Welcome cocktail in the Malat Hotel in Palt-Krems.
• Three exclusive 3 course lunches (not including drinks) at:
• Restaurant PRANDTAUERHOF
• Restaurant JAMEK
• Gasthaus JELL
• Four exclusive 4 or 5 course dinners (not including drinks) at:
• Top Tavern PULKER Restaurant
• Gasthaus SCHWARZ Restaurant
• LANDHAUS BACHER, Degustation Menu
• “Loisium”,audio guided wine museum tour and small wine tasting.
• Admission fee and guided tour through “Stift Melk” Abbey.
• Private tours and tastings at 7 selected wineries.
• Provision for the services of a sommelier/wine expert guide
throughout the wine tour.
• All taxes included
What’s Not Included:
• Meals and Drinks not Specified
• Personal Expenses such as Telephone, Minibar, etc
• Tips and Gratuities (Guides, Restaurants, etc)
• Travel Insurance (Strongly recommended)
• Cancellation Insurance
Please contact us with your group size (max. 15 Pax), travel
dates and preferences and we will send you custom pricing.
Travel: Meet at Vienna: (on the basis of 15 People)
€ 2000 / £ 1550 / $ 2650 ca. p/p double occupancy
€ 112 / £ 90 / $ 146 ca. single supplement
Operator: COLUMBUS Reisen GmbH, Vienna