Scratch Team Challenges
Pick one of the following projects (or come up with a better one). See how far you get!
- Bouncing ball. Draw a Ball. When you press a key, get it to move. When it hits a wall, make it bounce back the opposite direction.
- Bouncing Ball and Bat game. Add a batbat. If you miss the ball you lose;.
- Breakout game. add bricks that disappear if you hit them.
- Add a scoring system
- Add three lives.
- Scratch chooses a number between 1 and 100, then asks you to guess. It tells you if your guess is too high or too low, of if you guessed correctly.
- Pretty pictures. Get Sprites to move around the screen leaving a trails of different colours.
- Piano. Draw a piano on screen (hint use a new sprite for each of the keys). When the key is pressed play a note.
- Draw a race track. Drive a car around it.
- Put a 2nd car on the race track. Write a program to let the computer control it. Add a scoring System to it.
- Fighting monsters. Draw a monster. Make it run away or chase other monsters and see who wins
- Swap one of your monsters with a friend - which monster wins.
- Cartoon; Tell a story in scratch. Use different characters, costumes, sounds and speech bubbles. Show it to your friends and see who has the best one.
- Pool / Snooker game
- Painting Game. Have boxes on one side to pick colours. Have Brushes on the other size to pick sizes
- Draw a road. Have cars on it with a traffic light. Click on the traffic light to change colours. Green = cars move. Red = cars stop.
Credits; © PaulB@FirstPartners.net , tested at CoderDojo Drogheda. Feel free to reuse (but mention where you got it from - MIT License) Cover image fro