Jamaican Jerk Grilled Kebabs
For the jerk glaze:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime (2-3 Tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the kebabs:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 ounce light smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-3 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 10-inch skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes prior to use. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill rack with oil.
- Combine the 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, lime peel, onion powder, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne for glaze in a bowl; mix well. Set aside half of the glaze for serving.
- Thread chicken, sausage, and bell pepper pieces onto eight 10-inch skewers.
- Grill skewers, covered, over direct heat until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Every two minutes, turn the skewers and brush with glaze, using all the glaze in the bowl. Just before serving, brush the skewers with the reserved glaze.
Printed from: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com