Present: Grant Slater, Simon Poole, Michael Collinson, Richard Weait
Apologies: Dermot, Oliver
Minutes by: Michael
1. Adoption of Minutes of last meetings
The LWG last met March 27th for a long-form meeting.
2. MATTERS ARISING (open action items from previous meetings)
- Grant - Get a license and attribution page link as an XML Comment into these APIs: Rails API. (should be complete soon)
- Mike - combine Bing Imagery License comments as a succinct list for forwarding to Microsoft legal.
- Mike - Incorporate into foundation landing page http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms_Summary
- Mike - Provide text to Grant re http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright and friends in Sept 20th minutes. ?OS or linking to attribution page or both?
- Mike - Make sure responding to German-language decliner mailings on a future agenda so that it gets done.
- Dermot - Follow up on software for Poland object-granularity inclusion/exclusion for ODbL
3. Finalise today's agenda
4. Contact and re-map
- Database went read-only Sunday morning GMT. Until that point:
- Older contributor acceptances now 64,370 - an increase of 410 over last week, declines down to 409.
- Nodes that will likely not survive the license change are down from 20.73M to 19.71M 
- Ways which may have to be completely deleted are down from 1.57M to 1.47M 
- Problematic relations down from 38.0K to 36.89K 
Lost mappers project:
We had a small surge in acceptance due to a last lot of reminders being sent out in the last week.
1st lot of mappers (>100 highways created): down from 1014 to 614 meaning that a good 40% have been tracked down and have agreed. With the exception of one large mapper in Harare, there was no progress with the largest missing mappers outside of Europe and the US.
The 2nd list (> 40 highways created) is down from 959 to 720, ~25% agreed.
There is a handful of contributors that have responded during the period since the 1st of April that we expect to accept as soon as the database is available again.
5. Technical Rebuild
Progress and issues
1) Each changeset (i.e. not a geodata entity: way/node/relation) has a comment. This could be considered "creative". Should comments be deleted from the all the changesets of non-continuing mappers?
In the long term there is nothing useful to gained by displaying them. Ideally should not be in the ODbL planet files.
2) For review: https://github.com/zerebubuth/openstreetmap-license-change/blob/master/test_needs_clarity.rb
- Pavel (cz)
Mike - Thank pavel for kindly agreeing to use the bulk of his contributions.
- CC 4.0
CC are asking for public comment http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/32157 on the first discussion draft of version 4.0.
Creative Commons General Counsel Diane Peters has written to Mike ask us and others in the OSM community to give comments on the license draft given our experiences with ODbL and CC in the past as regard to data, databases and massive collaboration projects are concerned.
Tuesday Apr 10th 18:00 UTC / 19:00 BST(UK) / 20:00 CEST