How to Become a Region 87 Referee in Just Four Easy Steps
Above all else, congratulations and welcome to the AYSO Referee Team. I’m sure that you’ll find it fun, challenging, and rewarding as you develop your soccer knowledge and skills along with your child(s). This is a one-time process that will serve you a lifetime.
Here are the four steps that are required.
- Online Registration as a New Volunteer (10 Min)
- Goto – https://www.eayso.org/
- Click “First time”
- Click: “ I want to do my part as a volunteer”
- Complete the online form with the requested information.
- Remember your Login and Password
- Done – This initial seeding of the eAYSO database must be thoroughly completed first.
- Complete a Volunteer Application form / new or returning (10 min) – Required for Background Check
- Goto – https://www.eayso.org/ and Login
- Select “apply as a continuing volunteer (adult or youth)
- Complete the annual form
- ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED
- Simply Click: “Print Form.” ( You may want a copy)
YOUTH VOLUNTEERS- must have a copy of their volunteer form with them at all times when they are volunteering. This is their medical release and is necessary.
NEW ADULT VOLUNTEERS- need to print out a copy and either bring it to the CVPA at walk-in registration or mail a copy (along with a photo copy of your Drivers License or State ID) to:
AYSO Region 87 - CVPA
P.O. Box 336
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92693
NOTE: ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE AND EXECUTE A NEW FORM (WITH ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE) EACH AND EVERY YEAR.
- Signup and take the Safe Haven class (1 Hr)
- Goto – https://www.eayso.org/Login and write/copy your eAYSO volunteer ID#
- Goto – https://www.aysotraining.org/
- Enter your eAYSO Training ID and follow the directions for taking the course.
- At the completion of the training print your Certificate of completion and make a copy.
- Signup and take the Basic Referee Course (8 hrs) -
- Goto – https://www.eayso.org/and Log-in
- Under the column: “Adults wanting to Volunteer,” Select: “Enroll to take a class”
- Fill in the Course sign up page with: Section = 11, Area = L. Click: “Search”
- You will see a list of all the training opportunities for our Area.
- Select the Basic Referee Course that fits your schedule.
- On the Course Signup page Click the button next to your name.
- Click: “Add Attendee to program roster”
- Note the Time(s) and location of the training – And of course - Attend
Note that when you are in the screen for step 4) you can Update Information and View Certifications as well as view if you are a current volunteer (it will say MY2012 for Fall 2012 season).