Jackie Kennedy’s Beef Stroganoff
2 pounds top sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 2-inch strips
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn pepper
1/4 cup grated yellow onion
1 1/2 cups sliced baby portabello mushrooms
2 cups beef broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tspn onion powder
egg noodles, for serving
1/2 cup sour cream
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season the beef strips with the salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker.
- Lightly saute the onions.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, broth, tomato paste, and onion powder. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, until the beef is tender.
- Shortly before serving time, cook the noodles according to the package directions. While they are cooking, mix the sour cream into the meat mixture in the slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Serve the hot stroganoff over the noodles.
Recipe courtesy of Holiday Slow Cooker by Jonnie Downing