-8 Prawns or large Shrimp (precooked)
-8 Jalapeno Peppers (blanched, de-seeded and veins removed)
-4 Eggs separated
-2 tbsp Flour
-Salt & Pepper to taste
-Oil for Frying
- Blanch the Jalapeno peppers for 3 minutes in boiling hot water and submerge into ice water. Cut the tops off and with a small knife, de-seed and remove veins.
- Stuff shrimp/prawns into the peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 4 egg whites until soft peaks form with an electric mixer. Add 2 egg yolks and keep mixer on low speed. Add flour and blend until smooth.
- In a saute pan, add oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Dredge peppers in flour then dip them in the egg mixture.
- Fry pepper and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sauce.
Cadillo con Tiburon (the sauce)
-1 cup Ketchup
-1 Chipotle Pepper
-5 tbsp Tobasco Sauce
-Black Pepper to taste
-1/4 cup Spiced Rum or Brandy
- Puree the first 3 ingredients in a blender. Transfer to a small saucepan.
- Add the last 2 ingredients and warm sauce over medium-low heat.
- Serve with Chiles Tiburon.