Chicken Avocado Parmesan
Serves: 4• Prep/Cook Time: 15/45 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup AP flour
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or cooking spray
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1-2 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Smash the chicken breast between pieces of plastic wrap/wax paper to about ½” thick.
- Place flour on a plate, lightly whisk eggs & milk in wide bowl and place next to flour then add breadcrumbs to third plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour then in milk/egg mixture and finally breadcrumbs. Place in sprayed baking dish. Continue for all pieces of chicken.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven and add marinara sauce, avocado slices and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Put back in oven until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- This took a lot longer to cook than I expected, check your chicken temperature to make sure chicken is done.
- The next time I will heat up additional marinara sauce for serving over pasta.