Butterscotch Chip Spice Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter and brown sugar; about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture just until blended. (Do not overmix)
- Fold in butterscotch chips. Shape dough into a disk and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, if it was allowed to chill overnight, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Place the powdered sugar for rolling in a shallow bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball, roll the ball in the powdered sugar, and then place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown and just set about 12 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Yields: 4 dozen
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com