Spring Player Borrowing Policy (revised 3/2015)
- Teams that are missing players from their approved rosters will be allowed to borrow eligible players from other spring teams in order to fill their roster for an upcoming tournament with the following stipulations:
- U10 and U14 teams that are only missing one player will NOT be allowed to borrow (please give your regular squad the extra playing time)
- U10 and U14 teams that are missing more than one player may borrow up to one player below the roster size, e.g. if you are missing 3, then borrow 2 etc.
- U12 teams that are missing one or more players WILL be allowed to borrow and can fill their roster to 12 with borrowed players
- If this tournament is one of the “prepaid tournaments” for the team, there will be no fee assessed of the guest player(s).
- If this tournament is an “additional tournament” (pay-as-you-go), there will be the standard $40 fee assessed of the guest player(s).
- Any individual player may only be used as a guest player on the same team for 1 tournament, or in the case of the PV (or other) league, for a total of 3 games, unless no other spring players are available to be loaned.
- Both the borrowing and loaning coaches must agree to the loan.
- These loans will be approved for teams to get back to their original approved roster size, i.e, adding extra players to increase roster size because a particular tournament accepts larger rosters will not be allowed.
- The unavailability of the original players in question must be verified by the Spring Chair via communication with the parents (contact info to be provided by coach).
- No player or family should ever be approached by a borrowing coach prior to the loaning Coach and Spring Chair’s approval.
- Roster changes must be approved by the Spring Chair and signed by the RC prior to sending to tournaments as per normal practice.
To print this document in Google Docs, select the button on the bottom left corner of the page
“Edit this page”. There is no permission necessary. Then select “Print” from the “File” drop down menu.