Raspberry Almond Blondies
- 9 tablespoons (1 plus 1 tablespoon sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 2 ⅔ cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture, and beat on low speed, until well incorporated. Mix 3/4 cup almonds into batter.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking dish; spread with a rubber spatula. Scatter berries and remaining 1/4 cup nuts over batter in pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, 55 to 60 minutes.
Yields: 16 blondies
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com