CUPS Editing Checklist
You will need a green, purple, red, and blue colored pencil to begin.
- Capitalize the first word in every sentence.
- Capitalize specific names of people, places, and things.
- Read your story to yourself. Does it make sense?
- Add details that describe your topic.
- Make sure your story has a clear beginning, middle, and end.
- Mark an X where you need to indent for a new paragraph.
- End each sentence with the correct punctuation (. ? !)
- Add commas where they are needed.
- Include quotation marks (“ “) around dialogue.
- Circle all of the words that you aren’t sure of their spelling.
- Use a dictionary or word wall to correct the spelling.