***Before you use this guide, format your document following the guidelines set forth the E-Book Basic Formatting Guide found on www.twainwannabe.blogspot.com under the resources section. Use the tutorial guides at: http://calibre-ebook.com/help for addition help.***
- Erase any 'Smashwords Edition' specific information in your copyright page.
- Make sure your file is saved as a .doc, not .docx file.
- Do not use columns.
- Do not use superscripts or subscripts.
- Delete the cover image inside your book. The Epub version uploads the cover image from a different source - if you leave the cover image inside your HTML file, it will appear twice when you open the book on the Nook.
- Save your file as a Filtered, HTML file
- Upload HTML version of your book to Calibre by clicking on 'add books'.
- Highlight uploaded book; click on 'convert books'
- Insert cover image here:
- Fill in the rest of the metadata.
- Click OK.
- Check format with the e-book viewer by double clicking on the title.
- To find out where on your hard drive your epub version was saved, right click on title in Calibre and 'open containing folder'.
Go to B&N PubIt! Homepage, create an account and follow the steps to upload a book.
- Upload the epub version of your file.
Before uploading, you can also run your file through ePUBCheck. To test your ePub file in ePub Check, go to http://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/.