2. Graphic Design: Magazine Covers - 2nd Year/Year 8 (5/6 lessons)
- To learn about the importance of audience and purpose
- To learn how to manipulate images, shapes and text in graphic design applications
- To understand the importance of arranging design elements to create an effective publication
- A document containing your research on existing magazine covers.
- A completed magazine cover
- An evaluation using feedback from your peers
- Using a search engine of your choice do some research on what existing magazine covers look like.
- Create a document and add a selection of magazine covers to it. Some you like and some you don’t.
- Create your own magazine cover in Fireworks or Photoshop using the skills taught in class.
- Video tutorials can be found on YouTube or the school intranet.
- Ask your friends what they think of your magazine covers
- Fully evaluate your work using your own opinion and feedback
- What do your friends think?
- What do you like about your cover?
- What don’t you like about it?
- What would you do to improve?
Click below for the presentation used in class:
Graphic Design: Magazine Cover