Physical Science A
Unit 2 Ch 4, 5, Test Review
The Test: 50 multiple choice and 1 page of Bohr models, P,N,E,MN,AN Table,
1. What was the Greek Model?
2. What are Dalton’s Postulates?
3. Explain what JJ Thompson’s plum pudding model is.
4. Explain what happened and the value of Rutherford’s gold foil experiment.
5. Draw Bohr Models for the following elements: N, C, H, He, Al, Mg, Ar, F
6. List the relative mass, charge and location of the 3 subatomic particles
7. Using the periodic table explain how you find the following.
8. Explain what Ions and Isotopes are and how they are different.
9. What are characteristics of
10. What is Atomic Mass? Where does an AMU come from (the calculation), and how is this related to the term isotopes.
11. Who was the first scientists to come up with a good version of the periodic table.
12. How was his periodic table different from our modern periodic table?
13. What is Periodic Law?
14. What is a Period on the periodic table?
15. What is a Group/family on the periodic table?
16. Periodic Trends
- Draw a sketch of the periodic table and show the trends of Atomic radius
- Draw a sketch of the periodic table and show the trends of Electronegativity/Ionization energy
- Draw a sketch of the periodic table and show the trends of Reactivity
17. What are the family names and characteristics of families/group 1, 2, 7, 8
Review your notes, vocab, labs and chapters 4, and 5 in your book