Chocolate Chip Walnut Blondies
Adapted from Shutterbean
Yield - 24 small bars
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups walnut halves
10 ounce bittersweet chocolate chips, I used Ghiraradelli 60%
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper with shortening.
- In a larger bowl beat together the butter and sugars until well combined and light & creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and then beat in the vanilla and oil. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, salt, and soda to the bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in the walnuts and the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until the bars are set. Do not overbake!
- Let cool completely on a wire rack. I always cool overnight for easier cutting.