Steps to Creating a Book Trailer
- Read the book.
- Write the script for the book trailer. This is the “voice over” for the video. It will be read by one person and should introduce the important characters and plot. It should NOT give away any secrets or the ending. The script should take 45-70 seconds to read aloud.
- Collect digital pictures to use in your video, including a picture of the book cover. Save these pictures on a flash drive or in your my pictures folder.
- Open PhotoStory or Movie Maker. Insert the pictures in the right order. Don’t forget to include your photo sources.
- Record your voice over. You can add music in the background if you want, but don’t use more than 30 seconds of a copyrighted song.
- The completed project should be 50-75 seconds long.