Alternate Fortune Cards
At the start of the session every player draws one card.
Players gain extra cards for:
- Completing an Adventure Log; either as a character journal or other extra work that enhances the story.
- Bringing Food or Drinks for the table.
- Whenever a player performs a heroic action or an action that the DM deems worthy of reward.
- Used as a reward for good role play that enhances the characterization or relationships at the table.
- Completing a ‘Moment of Greatness’:
Moments of greatness might include, killing 4 minions in a single attack, doing 25+ (modified by level) damage in a single attack, taking your hit-point total of damage over the course of an encounter, taking 75% of your hp in a single round, healing a dying ally so that they are no longer bloodied.
A player may only gain the benefits from one fortune card per round.
In addition to the Fortune Cards effect, a player may spend an action card for one of the following benefits:
- Discard a Fortune card for a +1 on a skill roll, saving throw, or attack roll; this may be spent after the roll is made.
- Players can petition the DM to allow a Fortune Card to be used to attempt nearly anything that would normally be almost impossible, or establish a fact that might be “Convenient”, or to stretch the rules of the game.