Coffee Break Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour sugar espresso powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the brown sugar, breaking up any lumps. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coffee, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently but quickly stir to blend until just combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake 18- 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan on a wire rack for five minutes then transfer muffins to wire rack to cool.
Yields: 12 muffins
To Freeze: Individually wrap muffins in plastic wrap and place in a freezer Ziploc bag. Rewarm in a 350-degree oven or split and toast. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com