JEFFREY CARL FADEN
- Fluency with Rails, Express, AngularJS, Lodash, jQuery and many other libraries and frameworks
- Expert at cross-browser compatibility, and progressive enhancement of HTML5 and CSS3 projects
- Knowledge of SEO and a11y best practices, and semantic HTML
- Proficient with the Adobe CC suite and tenets of website aesthetics and design
- Enjoys working in teams or solo, using agile software like Pivotal, Basecamp, and Jira; and version control systems like Git and Subversion
5/2010 to present: Software Engineer @ Lab Zero — San Francisco, CA USA
Contractor for web development firm, taking on projects for small and large companies. Worked in an agile, Rails-focused environment.
- Created multiple advertisement landing pages for mobile services company
- Reconfigured an existing Facebook app to work within latest guidelines
- Implemented styles and interactions for house-built recruitment app
- Built, implemented and maintained living style guide for major payment gateway
- Improved taxonomies for education reading material website
- Developed our corporate website's front-end
- Helped create a new video player and playlist based on MediaElement.js
- Developed front-end experience of music artists' social media presence
- Built UX for marketing and app portions of children's education site
- Applied styling and Facebook integration to media review website proof-of-concept
- Improved form styling for Medicaid sign-up website
- Helped marketing website for social network respond to all screen sizes
- Helped create marketing website for launch of music subscription service
- Created high-fidelity marketing static site for credit company
- Helped create building management scheduling app and associated living style guide
- Applied corporate styling for marketing trends website
11/2011 to present: Volunteer @ Noisebridge — San Francisco, CA USA
Taught free series of Front-end Web Development classes for beginners, holding a weekly two-hour lecture and two-hour office hours.
- Created weekly assignments to aid in learning of the material
- Broadcasted all classes online using Google+ Hangouts, storing them for viewing on YouTube
- Helped cultivate new memberships, volunteer efforts, and donations to Noisebridge
5/2009 to 4/2010: Web Developer @ Linden Lab — San Francisco, CA USA
Web developer for suite of Second Life web properties. Aided in redesign overhaul of multiple web properties, then coded web services and admin tools for editorial use.
- Created new HTML/CSS templates from design comps for PHP, Django, FreeMarker, and some proprietary platforms
- Developed and helped design an AJAX-powered search frontend for use within Second Life Viewer software
- Built a Django-powered web service and admin tool which generated XML for consumption by different web properties
- Provided localized content in-Viewer via Webkit-powered instances, using CSS3 styles to reduce dependence on images
4/2008 to 5/2009: Web Developer @ Diabetes Health — Woodacre, CA USA
Web developer for health magazine. Introduced vast improvements to home-built content management system, including a forum, search engine, and Flowplayer-based video site. Managed daily blog posts and weekly newsletters, OpenX advertising system, and local Mac OS X server.
- Cut costs by streamlining office workflow through forms, online calendars, operating system upgrades, and more efficient data management through PHP5 object-oriented programming
- Harnessed Google services such as Analytics, Webmaster Tools, Book Search, Site Search, Apps for Domains, and Health
- Helped forge better deals with advertisers by reporting and analyzing usage trends
- Cultivated a community through self-built forums, greatly increasing site rank, visits, and ad revenue
9/2007 to 3/2008: University of Washington — Seattle, WA USA
Pursued MA in Computational Linguistics.
9/2003 to 6/2007: University of California — Santa Cruz, CA USA
Bachelors Degree in Linguistics, minor in Music.