Spaghetti with a Creamy Cauliflower Sauce and Crumb Topping
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
*3 cloves garlic
*2 tbsp olive oil
*1 head cauliflower
*1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (If you like it spicier than add more!)
*salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
*3 1/2 cups water
*1/3 cup heavy cream
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 of a Lemon
* 1 lb of box spaghetti
* 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
* 1/3 grated Parmesan cheese
* 1+ 1/2 TBSP olive oil
* salt to taste
* 2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
* Core and Cut the Cauliflower into large pieces.
* In a Sauce Pan, Saute 3 cloves of Garlic with 2 TBSP of Olive Oil for 2-3 minutes.
* Add Water, Cauliflower and Crushed Red Pepper. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat. (Do not drain the water! We are keeping all of it!)
* Add Heavy Cream
* Puree with a Hand Blender (If you do not have a hand blender, then just toss it into a regular blender).
* Fold in Grated Cheese
* Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
* In a Large Sauce Pot, boil Spaghetti until al dente in slightly salted water. Drain.
* Toss Pasta into a bowl and squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon into the pasta.
* Pour Creamy Cauliflower Sauce onto the Spaghetti and toss until well blended.
* Make the topping: In a small frying pan, add Grated Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Chopped Parsley, Olive Oil, and Salt and Pepper to taste. Cook on a medium heat while stirring every once in a while, until toasty.
* Sprinkle the Topping all over the top and serve!