- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Place cranberries, orange zest, and remaining ¼ cup suagr in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process with six 1-second pulses, until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mix in the egg, milk, sour cream, oil, and marmalade until smooth. Add flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out with a crumb or two attached.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool on the cooling rack an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Yields: 12 muffins
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com