Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa), chopped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a separate baking sheet, spread the walnuts nuts onto baking sheet and place in preheated oven 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated. Stir in flour mixture until just combined to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- On prepared baking sheet divide dough into two portions. Form into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Bake logs 25-35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 5 minutes each side. Cool biscotti on a rack.
- Biscotti keep in airtight containers 1 week and frozen, 1 month.
Yields: 30 biscotti
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com