Name _________________________________ Period _____ Date ________________
Europe Culture Notes
1. Europe is one of the most ________________________________________________
2. Europe is ___________________________________ .
3. Europe has many large ___________ that serve as centers of _______________ and _____________________ .
4. Cities in Europe
5. Europe has many different ____________ groups, _______________ , and ___________________ .
6. Most people in Europe are ______________________ , but there are different types of _________________________ .
7. European culture has spread to ____________________________________________
8. Because Europe has many _____________ groups and types of _______________ there have been several ____________________ .
9. Northern Ireland is part of the ____________________________ . The population is split between _____________________ and ____________________ . The ___________________ fought for political power and the ______________________ fought to retain power and remain part of the _________________________________ .
10. European culture has spread to other parts of the world due to:
11. Europeans started to explore the world in the mid 15th century. The first European countries to explore were ___________________ and ________________ . These countries were looking for a route to ________ in order to buy ____________ .
12. European countries ______________________ other parts of the world. Colonization is when a group of people from one country settle in another country.
14. Imperialism is when ___________________________________________________
European countries took over countries and regions all over the world. They did this to ______________________________________________________________________
15. Imperialism was made possible by the ____________________________________
16. The most important machine invented in Europe at this time was the steam engine. With the steam engine Europeans could make _______________ , _________________, better ______________________ , and eventually _____________________________ . This allowed them to take over other parts of the world.
17. Europe is the birthplace of ______________________ . Greece and the early __________________ republic both had __________________________ .