Maple Walnut Cookies with Maple Butter Icing
From the Kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 2 Eggs
* 1/2 cup of Butter Crisco
* 1 Cup of Dark Brown Sugar
* 1 Cup of Sour Cream
* 1 TBSP of Maple Extract
* 2 + 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
* 1/2 tsp. of Baking Soda
* 1/2 tsp. of salt
* 1 Cup of Chopped Walnuts
* Beat together Crisco, Brown Sugar, and Egg
* Stir in Sour Cream and Maple Extract
* In a small bowl, mix Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt
* Add to Crisco Mixture and Blend, then add chopped Walnuts.
* Cover and Chill dough for at least an hour.
* Pre-heat oven to 375 Degrees
* Drop by TBSP's onto a cookie sheet lined with Parchment Paper.
* Bake for 10 minutes
* When cookies are done, let them fully cool and then make the Glaze for the top (See how to make Maple Butter Glaze Below)
* Dip the tops of each cookie with the Butter Maple Glaze
Maple Butter Glaze Ingredients:
* 1/2 Cup of Softened Butter
* 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
* 2 TBSP of Maple Extract
* 2-3 TBSP of Hot Water
* In a small sauce pan, Heat Butter until Golden Brown
* Add Powdered Sugar and Maple Extract, Whisk
* Add Water a TBSP at a time, until the right consistency and whisk.