Pond Cove Challenge Positions & Job Descriptions
The Pond Cove Challenge Chairs oversee the following activities:
- Securing race sponsorships / donations
- Public relations/marketing of Race
- Runner registration
- Coordination with FIT program regarding start times, course, volunteers, etc.
- Working with the Town and outside vendors on race day set-up/logistics – this is conducted specifically by the Chairs
- Recruiting and overseeing volunteers to assist in the above-listed areas.
Recruiting for the committee can start any time during the school year. The 1st activity to kick in is securing sponsorships which should start in January. The Committee should consist of approximately 8 people. Below find more details on each of the areas of responsibility and how the committee can be divided most effectively.
Sponsorship – 2 Committee members
- Starts in January
- Pursuing sponsorships from previous years and new ones.
- Sponsorships can be in kind or straight $ donations.
- All money goes to all race costs (race permit, timer, t-shirts, bibs, marketing, etc.)
Public Relations – 2 committee members
- Begins in March
- PR includes writing, designing and distributing posters, flyers, registration forms that go thru school email and two round of back pack mail, Maine Track Club promo piece, Cape Courier, Dump Board, school news letters, local newspapers, local race websites and any other venues that the group thinks would be beneficial!
Registration – 1 committee member
- Receive all forms/checks from mail, pick up backpack registrations that come into the main office and combine these registrations with the online registrants.
Volunteer Coordinator – 1 committee member
- Recruit all volunteers for registration night pick-up as well as the race day.
Andie Mahoney and Amy Cochran, the 2010 Chairs, have a huge binder to share with the new Chairs and are happy to meet with the new group for the first couple meetings to get them started!