Carrot Spice Muffins
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup currants
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 5-7 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt. Stir in brown sugar, making sure there are no lumps.
- In a two cup measuring cup, whisk together canola oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour over the flour mixture and stir gently to combine, making sure not to overmix. Stir in carrots, coconut, currents, and nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until muffin tops are golden and just firm, about 18-20 minutes, and toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffin pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Yields: 12 muffins
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com