Lentil Vegetable Barley Soup in the Crock Pot
- 1/2 large onion or one small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (I used a red one)
- 2 medium summer squash or zucchini, diced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup split peas
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken or beef) + 2 cups water (I used 5 cups broth)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Layer all the cut veggies in the crock pot, top with the grains, liquids, and spices.
- Set the crock pot on low for eight hours or on high for four hours.
PRINTED FROM Scrumptious and Sumptuous