Events and Fundraising Volunteer
Purpose of volunteer role
ALL FM is a vibrant community radio station, based in Levenshulme, Manchester.
We are planning on putting volunteers at the heart of core activities within the organisation, through a range of new volunteer roles.
Exciting opportunities have emerged to become part of a team of volunteers that organise events and other fundraising activities that both raise money and promote awareness of the station.
● Developing regular fundraising activities as part of a larger volunteer led fundraising and events calendar.
● Organising various aspects of events management - transportation, artist booking, liaising with commercial and community venues to ensure the success of a regular events calendar.
● Recruiting and briefing wider teams of volunteers in order to achieve successful events.
● Liaising with Allfm’s Volunteer Marketing Team to ensure that all events are promoted effectively.
● Attending monthly meetings as a member of the Events and Fundraising Committee.
Dos and don'ts
● Do work as part of a team to organise the best events possible that raise the profile of ALLFM and raise money towards the running of the station.
● DO NOT organise events that will produce any personal monettary gain for you, or any other volunteers. All events are the sole purpose of raising money for Allfm.
● DO NOT organise any events without the event being authorised by the ALLFM events committee.
● DO NOT organise any fundraising activities or events that in any way that are unlawful or that will compromise ALLFM`s moral position in the Community.
● DO let supervisors know if you cannot make it in to volunteer all decisions to be made by at least three committee members.
● As a volunteer role the hours are flexible, but as guidance, we expect all volunteers to dedicate a minimum of two hours a week to working on the development of fundraising activities and events.
● It is compulsory to attend the monthly meeting of the fundraising and events volunteer team.
● You will be required to help at events which may involve evening or weekend working.
This volunteer position requires you to be able to work from home. Limited access to IT will be available during ALLFM core opening hours by arranging this with a member of staff.
Volunteers who are interested in this role need to have:
● A passion for ALLFM and the role of Community Radio.
● Previous experience of organising events (desirable).
● Some experience of using basic IT, but additional training can be given if needed.
● Confidence in speaking to new people.
● Enthusiastic about working as part of a team.
● Strong skills in negotiation and delegation.
● Valid UK driving licence (Desirable)
● Excellent public speaking skills.
● Good organisational skills.
Not required at present, but may be necessary for future events if appropriate.
Attendance of monthly team meetings, annual one-on-one supervision with the Events Steering Group Chair.
For further information, or to apply for this role then please contact :
You will be invited to attend an informal interview and a general induction before you take on this volunteer role.