Brazilian Flank Steak with Citrus Salsa
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup fresh orange segments; all peel and membrane removed
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Serrano chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the Steak:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 flank steak (about 1 ½ lb)
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for salsa and chill until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for steak, rub over both sides of steak.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from heat, tent with foil and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice against the grain into thin slices, divide among 4 plates and top with salsa.
Yields: 4 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com